The country’s fruits and vegetable exports in 2011 may touch some $500 million, according to Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT).
In the first half of 2011, Vietnam’s export turnover for fruits and vegetables fetched $297.8 million, rising 29.8 percent from the same period last year thanks to strong demand from different markets.
The statistics from general Department of Vietnam Customs showed that in Jan-Jun Vietnam had 49 import markets of fruits and vegetables, up a market from last year.
Basing on this, MoIT predicted that in 2011 the country may earn $500 million from export of fruits and vegetables.
Taiwan, the US, EU, Japan, Russia, Canada and China remain main markets. – Vneconomy
- Vegetable exports likely to reach USD 500 million this year
- Fruit, vegetable exports up by a third
- Rice Exports Likely to Reach 7 Million Tonnes in 2011
- Vegetable exports to Saudi Arabia still pending
- VEGETABLE AND FRUIT EXPORT IMPORT JOINT STOCK COMPANY NO.1
- Fruit, veggie exports up 44.1%
- Cashew exports likely to earn US$1.4-1.5 billion in 2011
- Vietnam fruits find many markets ripe for plucking
- Agricultural exports blossom in 2011
- Agro-forestry, aquatic exports reach US$12 billion