HA NOI – The EU has officially certified 380 Vietnamese seafood firms to export their products to the European market, according to the Viet Nam Association of Seafood Exporters and Processors (VASEP).
The new list of certified exporters will come into effect by tomorrow, said Tran Bich Nga, deputy director of the National Agro-Forestry-Fisheries Quality Assurance Department (NAFIQAD).
Nga added that the NAFIQAD would assist enterprises in following European Commission regulations on exporting to the EU market.
The EU is currently Viet Nam’s largest seafood importer, consuming roughly 30 per cent of the country’s entire export seafood volume, earning Viet Nam roughly US$1 billion in revenues per year. During the first half of this year, the country earned around $634 million from the EU market, an increase of 21.7 per cent over the same period last year. – VNS
- Seafood firms mired in crises
- Iran adds to demand for Vietnamese tuna
- Seafood Export Prospects
- More qualify as rice-export firms
- Export of agricultural, forest and seafood products valued at USD 12 billion
- South Africa firms hope to boost co-operation
- Vietnam Seafood Exports Up 28 % in First Half
- Ba Ria – Vung Tau: Seafood export value increases over 20 percent
- Seafood exports increase sharply in first six months
- CAI DOI VAM SEAFOOD IMPORT – EXPORT COMPANY