The Vietnam Association of Seafood Exporters and Producers (VASEP) said that to realize the 1.6-1.7 million tonne seafood export target set for 2015, seafood processing plants will need 3.2-3.5 million tonnes of raw materials, of which 2.5-2.6 million tonnes will be produced domestically and the remainder will be imported.
The output targets set for the key kinds of seafood are as follows: 600,000 tonnes of shrimp, 1.5 million tonnes of tra fish, 165,000 tonnes of saltwater fish and 200,000 tonnes of tilapia.
To realize the above targets, VASEP is encouraging its member companies to increase investment in training on post-harvest technology so as to improve the quality of raw seafood. The association has proposed renovation of seafood catch management./.
- Rice Exports Likely to Reach 7 Million Tonnes in 2011
- Seafood firms mired in crises
- Agricultural exports to reach $12b in first half
- VIETNAM ASSOCIATION OF SEAFOOD EXPORTERS AND PRODUCERS (VASEP)
- Seafood Export Prospects
- VIETNAM’S RICE EXPORTS MAY HIT UP TO 7.4MLN TONNES THIS YEAR
- Sugar output estimated to reach 1.143m tons in 2010-2011 cro
- Vietnam sets floor export prices for tra fish
- Creating a Sustainable Tra Fish Market
- Export of agricultural, forest and seafood products valued at USD 12 billion