State President Nguyen Minh Triet issued this requirement during his working session with the Party committee and people of Bac Lieu on June 21.
He stressed the need to apply advanced technology in farming and described it as the best way to ensure sustainability in agricultural production and create conditions for farmers to increase their income.
Besides, he urged Bac Lieu province not to develop industry at any cost, saying that to develop the industry, the province needs to consider its areas of strength in labour, land and human resources.
Bac Lieu should focus on tertiary training units in the province to provide skilled human resources for plants and enterprises in the coming time, he suggested.
The President emphasised social welfare for all local residents, particularly the implementation of the Party and State’s policies to those who rendered services to the nation and their families. The province should consider it a consistent guideline and a responsibility of the entire society for them, he said
- VN must focus on brand value of rice
- Mekong Delta’s fish farmers face tough time
- Bad pesticides ruin Delta rice crop
- VietPhap Rice Factory
- Cuu Long Delta Rice Research Institute (CLRRI)
- Vietnam southern delta switches to large-field farmin
- An Giang province develops rice farm in Laos
- Rice price goes up
- Vietnam to stock pile 1 mln ton rice from July
- Dragon fruit, rice, catfish prices fall