23.jpg

Poisonous Daylilies


23

Daylilies (Hemerocallis), are a popular flowering plant found in many American gardens. Known for their orange flowers that resemble a trumpet, daylilies are not poisonous to humans or dogs. However, they do pose a danger to cats.

Time Frame

  • Your cat will likely develop symptoms of daylily poisoning a few hours after eating the plant. The first symptoms to appear will be lethargy, lack of appetite and vomiting.

Warning

  • If your cat has eaten daylilies, its symptoms will continue to worsen without immediate veterinary care. If left untreated, your cat will likely go into kidney failure from eating daylilies.

Identification

  • Every part of the daylily, from the flower to the stem, is poisonous to cats. However, if your kids, horses or dogs eat some, they will have no reaction whatsoever.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>