How to start African violets from leafs
Starting African violets from leafs in water is easy and fun
- Moderately Easy
things you’ll need:
- African violet leaf
- sharp knife or razor blade
- glass or small jar
- fill large mouth short jar or glass with water to within 1/3inch from top
- cover with tinfoil and poke hole in tinfoil with pencil. you will need a hole for each leaf you wish to start
- Take the leafs that have been sniped from as close as possible to plant.
Cut the end (stem) of leaf as clean and straight as possible. Use a sharp knife or razor blade as you do not want to crush the stem.
- Gently poke the leafs through the holes in the tinfoil so the stem is in the water. Place in north or east window and watch for roots to form.
- Once your leaf has a goodly amount of roots place in pot with African violet potting soil and wait for new plant to form