How to grow African violets from cuttings,- indoors & easy
Cut a leaf from the African violent plant that you want to reproduce, including about 2 inches of the stem. Moisten the stem with water. Dip the stem into any rooting hormone which you can purchase in any store with a garden center. Place the stem into good soil in a flower pot. Water the stem only. Keep moist and a new plant will grow.(indoors only)
- Moderately Easy
things you’ll need:
- Potting mix, pot–either clay or plastic,perlite,shears,water,african violet plant that you want to propagate
- Take a cutting from an African violet plant that you want to propagate. (about 6 inches long)
- Wound the bottom of the stem–(wound plant–use a one sided razor blade and slice 1/2 of the stem about 2 inches long) you want to slice only the otter part of the stem.
- Dip the bottom of the stem, including the sliced part, into Hormone Rooting Powder. (hormone rooting powder can be purchased at any store with a garden center.
- Place the cutting in a moistened potting mix with 50% perlite. Water the cutting avoiding watering the stem. Place the pot with the cutting, indoors with indirect sunlight.
You should have a baby plant within 6-8 weeks.
Tips & Warnings